This position will have the responsibility of managing all phases of the company's proposal process in response to both public and private RFPs. He/she must interpret what the RFP documents require and compile a persuasive and compelling proposal response that meets the needs of the RFP and addresses all questions and topics.
He\She will review construction plans, bid projects, and negotiate with suppliers to provide complete and accurate cost estimates. This position requires strong attention to detail and an aptitude for working with numbers. Additionally, strong interpersonal skills are required to interact and negotiate with vendors and customers.
The proposal writer’s main objective is to help increase the productivity of the team by developing proposals from start to finish while adhering to strict deadlines. The ability to meet deadlines and detailed follow-through will be the keys to success for this position.
In this role you will have an opportunity to grow your career in a rapidly expanding company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review detailed project plans and specifications and provide detailed bid take-offs.
- Compose detailed scope letters and bid proposals.
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers
- Coordinate requested changes with customers and/or Project Managers.
- Provide in office work ensuring an accurate and efficient completion of project estimations
- May require 25% travel
- Analyze designs, drawings, specifications, and related documents
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying design, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Creates scope of work document and pricing assumptions/exclusions.
- Supplier relations
- Pricing and ordering project materials
- Review and modify existing process
- Create new processes
- Ability to understand DAS designs and wireless fundamentals
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Demonstrate understanding of basic wireless construction concepts.
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Ability to learn new systems, including various computer systems for on-screen take-off and estimating.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
Equal Opportunity Provider
ARQ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.