Support Distributed Antenna System (DAS) for Cellular and Public Safety deployments and post-deployment activities by performing site walks, RF surveys, benchmarking, data collection, integration, commissioning, acceptance testing, optimization, troubleshooting and repair of Cellular and Public Safety DAS sites and hardware systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Verify the cable and fiber sweeps by obtaining completed reports from the installation team, and/or direct performing testing and verification.
- Perform pre-deployment data collection, benchmarking and continuous wave (CW) testing
- Perform and Provide on-site technical expertise during integration, commissioning, CW testing and optimizing for Cellular and Public Safety DAS Systems.
- Respond to technical inquiries and make technical recommendations as appropriate
- Work with the customer’s technical subject-matter experts, carriers, sub-contractors, solution engineers, design engineers, and field technicians to deploy distributed antenna systems (DAS) for Cellular and Public Safety.
- Conduct Survey activities for new DAS Systems Utilizing specialized software and tools for Public Safety and Cellular System.
- Conduct pre- and post-deployment RF data collection and analysis efforts to help define and improve coverage requirements
- Provide recommendations and feedback regarding the design, equipment selection, test and balance requirements, maintainability, and potential enhancements of the system.
- Ability to work with design engineers and other stakeholders to identify and correct system issues that surface during deployment and acceptance testing.
- Gather and complete all project documents to complete closeout packages
- Turn-up and test Public Safety DAS systems in accordance with City and County regulations and equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Conduct post-deployment data collection and acceptance testing to ensure requirements were met for coverage and capacity.
- Troubleshoot and repair DAS for Public Safety and Cellular systems as required
- Prepare and submit required project documentation
- Provide service development input
- Provide estimations of hours and effort required to complete assigned tasks or scope projects
- Travel to customer and strategic partner sites on a frequent basis (>50%)
- Conduct pre-install and pre-construction surveys for DAS / Small Cell projects
Recommended Minimum Job Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Focus on RF Communications and cellular technologies preferred
- A minimum of 2 OEMs Valid Certifications in DAS commissioning for various OEMs.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in the telecommunications industry
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in DAS deployment, integration and commissioning.
- Excellent time management and self-organization skills
- Strong working knowledge of various wireless technologies, (e.g. CDMA, EVDO, GSM, W-CDMA, LTE, and Wi-Fi)
- Advanced working understanding of RF propagation
- Advanced working knowledge of RF test equipment (Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, such as JDSU, Anritsu etc.)
- Advanced working knowledge of structured cabling (COAX and CAT CABLES etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Public Safety DAS systems
- Strong ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Strong ability to read and interpret RF designs
- Proficient in installation, termination, and testing of fiber systems and low voltage cabling systems
- Excellent computer skills, including a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong focus on continuous process improvement; ability to develop and improve processes.
- Strong ability to build and maintain a high level of productivity
- Strong ability to provide RF technical recommendations.
- Excellent understanding of end-user applications related to RF for Cellular and Public Safety.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally
- Ability to investigate and solve complex problems
- Ability to effectively conduct technical presentations to customers at all levels.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of software tools.
- Proficient with Map info and VISIO
- Ability to travel frequently
Education, Certificates and Licenses
- BS in Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- DAS OEM certification desired (e.g. Corning MA, Corning ONE, COMBA, SOLiD, CommScope, ADRF, Zinwave, Nextivity etc.)
- DAS Test Equipment certification desired (JDSU, PIM, Anritsu etc.)
- Cable Vendor certifications preferred (Andrew, CommScope, Trilogy)
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a great driving record that does not affect company insurance policy.
- OSHA-10 or OSHA-30 certification is Required
- Preferred to have a Public Safety Benchmarking Certificate such as (PCtell P-25
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Must be able to lift and carry the weight of up to 50lbs.
- Ability to do Frequent travel including same-day travel, overnight stays or longer as required.
- Willing to work days/nights/weekends depending on project demands.
- Willing to Work in construction sites and perform a high-quality level of Engineering work.